- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: http://shichen.name
- Address: Chaoyang, Beijing 100029
Data Science, Macroeconomy and Investment
- Oct.2010 ~ Dec.2014, Ph.D. in International Development, Graduate School of International Development, Nagoya University, Nagoya
- Sep.2007 ~ Mar.2010, M.Eng. of Environmental Engineering, School of Resources and Environmental Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai
- Sep.2002 ~ Jul.2006, B.Sc. of Environmental Science, School of Resources and Environment, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan
- Mar.2018 ~ Present, Sinior Data Analyst at Xiaomi Finance. Specilized in risk control related data ananysis and modeling. Build a fraud risk model using machine learning algorithm, and a Chinese idcard OCR (Optical Character Recognition) system using faster-rcnn model for idcard detection, ctpn model for text detection and densenet model for text recognition.
- Apr.2017 ~ Mar.2018, Sinior Data Analyst at Bairong Finance. Specilized in scorecard modeling and solution consulting on credit risk control. Develop socrecard models based on PBOC’s credit reports or internet behavior data for banks and consumer finance companies.
- Oct.2015 ~ Apr.2017, Sinior Data Analyst at Jiuqi Longxin. Specilized in data analysis and consulting on public finance and macroeconomy for local governments.
Open Source Projects
Aug.2017, R package scorecard (, github, CRAN, homepage) which makes the development of traditional credit risk scorecard model easier and efficient by providing functions for some common tasks, such as variable filter, optimal woe binning, performance evaluation and scorecard scaling.
Apr.2018, python package scorecardpy (, github, pypi, homepage) which makes the development of traditional credit risk scorecard model easier and efficient by providing functions for some common tasks, such as variable filter, optimal woe binning, performance evaluation and scorecard scaling.
- Languages: R, Python, SQL, opencv, tensorflow
- Applications: STATA, Eviews, Tableau, MS Office, LaTeX, GTAP, ArcGis, AutoCAD
- Operating Systems: MacOS, Ubuntu, Windows
Mandarin (native), English (fluent), Japanese (basic)
- Xie, Shichen (2014). An Empirical Study on Energy Use, Carbon Emissions and Economic Growth in China (Doctoral dissertation).
- Xie, Shichen (2014). The driving forces of China’s energy use from 1992 to 2010: An empirical study of input–output and structural decomposition analysis. Energy Policy, 73, 401–415. (SCI, IF=2.696)
- Li, L., Chen, C., Xie, Shichen, et al. (2010). Energy demand and carbon emissions under different development scenarios for Shanghai, China. Energy Policy, 38 (9), 4797–4807. (SCI, IF=2.696)
- Xie Shichen, Chen Changhong, Li Li, et al. (2009). The energy related carbon dioxide emission inventory and carbon flow chart in Shanghai. China Environmental Science, 2009, 29(11): 861-866. (EI, IN CHINESE)
- Xie Shichen, Chen Changhong, Li Li, et al. (2009). 2006 China Energy Flow Chart. China Energy, 2009, 31(3): 21-23. (IN CHINESE)
Honors & Awards
- Full scholarship of China government, China Scholarship Council, Mar.2010
- Excellent graduate of East China University of Science and Technology, Mar.2010
- Research Practive Award, East China University of Science and Technology, Jun.2009
- Works registration certificate: China Flow Chart (09-2009-J-002), Shanghai Copyright Burea, Sep.2009
- Shanghai Science and Technology Progress Award third prize, Shanghai Secience and Technology Commission, Dec.2008
- Science and Technology Innovation Individual Award, Huazhong Agriculture University, Dec.2005
- Second Prize in Hubei Province, China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling, Dec.2004